Friday, May 05, 2006

Paris - Summer 2005

PARIS!!!!!......the City of Light, it has been the one place that has perpetually remained on top of my must visit destinations. Ever since i can remember, if i could have chosen to visit any city in the world it would have been Paris. So my trip to France (i was in around Paris, also Giverny and Versailles) last year was one of my best EVER! i LOVED paris...for my first two days in Paris my reaction every morning was this - Was it a dream?No!OMG...im in Paris!!!!!!!!.....i wish i could pack my bags and go back there.....right now.......


I dont like the Eiffel Tower - i think its ugly, yet i loved picinicing at the Champ de Mars till almost 3 in the morning and cheering every time the twinkling lights on the tower went on. I loved the Musée d'Orsay and spent hours enjoying the amazing impressionist collection. I loved the cour Puget at the Louvre...i took a nice nap here and it seemed very far away from the general chaos and overpowering feeling off the Danon wing.....i loved walking aimlessly because you never knew what you would see....a lone saxophonist by the Seine, a choir singing at the Place des Vosges, old houses with wonderful courtyards and secluded parks...most of all i loved getting up every morning to the scent of freshly baked bread from the bakery right below....i even channeled my inner Amélie Poulain and skipped stones at the Canal St. Martin...and even though it was very touristy i loved Montmartre and its painters....

There are so many stereotypes that define Paris and Parisians and both the city and the people and the city lived up to some and didn't to others....i had the most wonderful time there....i cant wait to go back....

No comments: